Bug workflow page revised

Niels Haase haase.niels at googlemail.com
Wed May 6 22:58:46 UTC 2009

2009/5/6 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
> Hi, guys.
>
> I just got a bit inspired by a QA meeting discussion, and have made
> substantial revisions to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow . It should
> now be a lot more comprehensive and informative about the whole Fedora
> cycle (and it's also in the right order!)

Looks good, but I was wondering about the CURRENTRELEASE, DEFERRED and
NEXTRELEASE resolutions. You wrote that this are used only for the
RHEL workflow, but if I look at this list http://tinyurl.com/dbaae5
(all closed bugs from NetworkManager in F10) it shows up many of the
above resolutions. Sometimes they are set (wrongly) by the developer
or, with seams to be more problematic, by updates at fedoraproject.org,
like here https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_activity.cgi?id=492246 . It
looks wrong for me, or did I missed something?

> So I'm now thinking that
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow should be
> the official reference point for Fedora, and we can ask for the
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=fields.html page to say at the
> top that it talks about RHEL, and direct you to the Wiki page for the
> Fedora system.
Sounds very good, I'm also get confused in the first time I read this
field description and looked at the (old) workflow wiki page.

--
Regards,
Niels