Bugzappers: requests from maintainers for special treatment

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 7 16:08:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 02:08 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Hi, guys. Just a general issue mail for Bugzappers: I've recently been
> > talking to Seth Vidal, who wants special treatment for bugs in
> > components he maintains (yum and createrepo): he's happy for them to be
> > triaged according to the usual process, but he doesn't want the bugs
> > changed from NEW to ASSIGNED.
>
> Does he have a strong reason not to just use ON_DEV as "really
> assigned" ;-) ? (That's working well for us in KDE SIG.)

Just to follow up on this: Seth says -

<adamw> skvidal: kevin kofler had a suggestion for your bugzilla situation:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2009-April/msg01671.html
<skvidal> adamw: um okay
<skvidal> adamw: since the 'triaging' has, in the past, not really helped
with most yum bugs - I'm disinclined to change my habits in order to help
the triagers
 adamw: so, option2: if it is possible how about yum and createrepo
(and yum-utils) just opts out of being triaged, at all.
<adamw> that can be done too. i don't have a problem with your option 1
either, just promised kevin i'd send that along to you.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey