Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 15:02:32 UTC 2009

Affix wrote:
> There must be a way we can remove the fedora emails from services like this
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:13 AM, John Summerfield
> <debian at herakles.homelinux.org <mailto:debian at herakles.homelinux.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     Mr Leslie Satenstein wrote:
>
>         LinkedIn
>         ------------
>

>           Fedora-Test_list,
>
>         I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.
>

>     <expletives deleted> off.

Usually this is the result of "helpful" services that offer to read your
address book and "add your friends" ... unfortunately the proper
solution would be for address books to distinguish between mailing lists
and individual addresses, and these services to only add the latter. In
the meantime, I think the best solution would be to add specific checks
for known "annoying" things like LinkedIn to spamassassin or the like on
the list servers.