Settng DPI on gdm and Sessions

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon May 11 21:50:03 UTC 2009

Is there a way to set the DPI setting for GDM, and thus the X sessions
called from it, without changing this in the individual user profiles?

On one system I have, F11 gdm was automatically set to 120DPI, which
looked absolutely hideous at 1440X900 resolution. On another system, it
set itself automatically to 94DPI, which looked better, but not ideal.
I'd really like the default on both to be 96DPI (or perhaps 100DPI).

How do we do this, or are we just simply at the mercy of whatever gdm
decides to do?

Cheers,

Chris

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."

--Charles de Gaulle