What the "H" gives with FC11 install

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue May 12 22:15:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Chris Adams wrote:

> It'll probably work not long after F11 is released.  The patch to GRUB
> (the boot loader) already exists, it just didn't get the necessary
> testing before F11 was frozen.  Assuming there are no issues, it should
> be in F12 (I don't know if they'll release an updated GRUB during F11;
> messing with the boot loader is especially risky after all).

There is little benefit in updating grub mid-release, because the boot
sector and associated files usually only get updated at install or upgrade
time. Upgrading the grub package generally doesn't touch these files, and
you would need to something like grub-install by hand to update them. So
almost everyone will still be using the grub version in the original
release, and those who do want to experiment can always use the F12 version.

 	Michael Young