X does not work with ATI based machines

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 13 17:03:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 07:56:49 -0700,
  Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear fellow testers,
>
> I have updated to yesterday's updates.  Today X is broken on two machines(those with ATI cards :( )  Will try to send specs and/or Xorg.log.?  to see if we can determine what is wrong.  Hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow morning I can send that in.

What kind of Radeon? My rv530 seems to be working pretty well. My rv280 has
different problems with both modeset and nomodeset. However if I boot with
modeset X works, but VTs don't. (For a while I couldn't see the password
prompt for the luks password, but now it doesn't flake out until udev starts.)

I am running more recent kernels than what is in the rawhide repo right now.