Sound under VMWare [was: Mouse fix]

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri May 15 03:23:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 21:35 -0400, Christopher Beland wrote:
> According to the FAQ, VMWare should be using ALSA, and if not, that's a
> bug which should be reported to the VMWare maintainers.

According to this article:

http://mike.magin.org/2009/01/08/using-alsa-for-sound-with-vmware-workstation-65-on-an-ubuntu-804-host/

VMware Workstation 6.5 still uses OSS by default, but you can force it
(in theory at least) to use ALSA. But this has not worked for me as yet.
I still can do some poking around in it.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw