Bluetooth Issue on Fedora 11 Preview

S.A. Hartsuiker sahartsu at xs4all.nl
Fri May 15 14:19:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have the same mouse. After a bit of probing, it looks like this is a
PolicyKit thing/bug.
Bluetoothd asks PolicyKit for permission, but PolicyKit doesn't know
about bluetooth, so pairing always fails.

My quick and *very* dirty solution was as follows:

edit /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf
and add the following lines between the <config> and </config> tags:
           <match user="shartsuiker">
             <return result="yes"/>
           </match>
Of course you would need to replace my username with your own username :)

For me this allows the pairing to succeed.

Regards,
Stefan Hartsuiker