If you wondered why Intel sucks on Fedora read this

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun May 17 18:28:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 11:48 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 09:43 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 19:11 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > > http://keithp.com/blogs/Sharpening_the_Intel_Driver_Focus/
> > >
> > > If you wondered why Intel sucks on Fedora read this article, it
> > > expains all complexities of Intel drivers and for me it shows hope
> > > that Intel drivers are becoming better.
> >
> > Please don't cross-post. I already saw this on fedora-list, probably
> > along with everyone else here.
>
> I didn't, because I'm not subscribed to fedora-list.

Your choice, but I'd have to ask why. In a couple of weeks all the F11
stuff is going to go there and not here. It doesn't seem logical to
subscribe to f-t-l and not to f-l, but again, that's your call. I'd be
very surprised if it was the common case.

> But to be fair, it should be sent to both mailing lists at the same time
> so that mailman can figure out who's already seen it.

What makes you think Mailman works like this? There's no indication
whatever that that's what happens. In fact AFAIK Mailman keeps separate
lists entirely separate. There's no reasonable way it could do anything
else, especially if the subscribers to both lists are not identical.

The trouble with cross-posting in this way is that it immediately forks
the threads into two sets of replies. This doesn't do anyone any good.

poc