Missing 'info' content

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:01:14 UTC 2009

On trying to use 'info' under F11, the screen often comes up empty, even
though I know a lot of info files are present.

Specifically, 'info' on its own has no main menu, 'info bash' shows the
Bash introductory page but no menu, 'info gcc' gives the menu (at least
at the first level) and so on, i.e. it's pretty random.

I've never seen this before in any previous version of Fedora.

rpm -V info

seems to check out OK. I'd remove and reinstall info but that would
knock out half the system. It looks like some installation or indexing
didn't get done, but I don't know what.

Any ideas?

poc