gdb crash in f11-preview

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:32:54 UTC 2009

When I run gdb under emacs and attach to a gdbserver session,
I get an error like this:

A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y
../../gdb/findvar.c:300: internal-error: value_of_register_lazy:
Assertion `frame_id_p (get_frame_id (frame))' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) y

It seems to only happen when I run under emacs and use gdbserver,
so I don't know if it's a gdb problem or an emacs problem.  It happens
even with a simple little hello.cpp application:

gcc -g -o hellof11 hello.c
gdbserver localhost:9100 hellof11

Then, from an emacs window:

M-x gdb
gdb --annotate=3 hellof11
target remote localhost:9100
cont

I haven't filed a bug report yet... any thoughts on the proper
component?  gdbserver? gdb? emacs?  Can anybody else
reproduce this?

Thanks,

                 David