yum issues withfc11 64 bit

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Tue May 19 00:28:16 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Mon, 18 May 2009, shmuel siegel wrote:
>
>> Don't know how to explain this. yum update looks like it works; it
>> updated 20 megabytes of files (much of this from rpmfusion). But,
>> trying to install presto causes problems, it tried to bring in
>> yum-presto.fc9. There is definitely something wrong on my machine.
>> Package-cleanup --orphans seems to think that all of my fc11 files
>> are orphans. The only thing unusual about my system is that I went
>> from fc10 to fc11 by preupgrade.
>
> did the update entirely complete?
>
> It sounds like you only completed part of the update.
> -sv

Messages from yum said that everything completed except one time when it
was having problems with keys from rpmfusion. But update worked after
that. Rebooting didn't help. rpm-complete-transaction didn't find
anything to do. So last resort, rpm clean all fixed the problem. Please
let me know if you want any other information that I can provide.