Installation of presto with huge dependencies

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:31:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 10:50 +0200, Niels Haase wrote:
> Hello,
>
> fresh Installation from F11 “Preview Release" with rawhide repo enable
> during installation. After first boot try to install presto. I assume
> this is a bug, that presto has this dependencies, at least one with
> 163 M!
>

> yum install presto
<snip>
> Dependencies Resolved

>  Package                          Arch       Version           Repository  Size
> Installing:
>  presto                           x86_64     0.1.3-6.fc11      fedora      35 k
> Installing for dependencies:
>  allegro                          x86_64     4.2.2-12.fc11     fedora     734 k
>  fluid-soundfont-common           noarch     3.1-3.fc11        fedora      82 k
>  fluid-soundfont-lite-patches     noarch     3.1-3.fc11        fedora     163 M
<snip>

You probably want to install yum-presto.

presto is:
$ yum info presto
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name       : presto
Arch       : i586
Version    : 0.1.3
Release    : 6.fc11
Size       : 35 k
Repo       : fedora
Summary    : A tilemap engine using the Allegro game programming library
URL        :
http://www.hypersonicsoft.org/projects/showproject.php?id=29
License    : GPLv3+
           : Allegro for graphics rendering, and therefore is intended
           : for use in games using Allegro. It can handle rectangular
           : tiles of any height and width (and different height from
           : width), loading tilemaps from files, tile blending, and the
           : capability to change most of these elements on the fly.

Martin