Rawhide Netinstall firewall

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed May 20 14:50:40 UTC 2009

On 17/05/09 11:19, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I have to start a netinstall for a friend tonight who doesn't have
> a firewall or router.
How is the machine going to connect to the internet to download stage2,
repoinfo and packages ?

> What is the default behavior of the netinstall
> iso's firewall?
Are you asking whether the installer brings up the iptables firewall,
with external connections dropped and internal outbound connections
allowed, as it brings up the ethernet interface ?

(I never scanned mine while installing to know. If you set the installer
to use vnc, it definitely allow a vnc server port on the machine to let
you connect in.)

DaveT.