Will add a few fedora upgrade test cases, your feedback would be welcome

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu May 21 17:04:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 17:38 +0800, Liam wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> A few fedora upgrade test cases were created.These cases will test the fedora system upgrade with local CD/DVD.Get more details from:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Upgrade_system
>
> Any suggestion or question,please feel free to reply. Your feedback would be welcome.

Greetings Liam,

While executing your tests for F11 [1], I came upon bug#501063.  After
discussing this defect further with the anaconda-devel crew it seems in
both the "update existing bootloader" [2] and "create new
bootloader" [3] the verification steps may need updates.

If I understand correctly, QA:Testcase_Anaconda_Upgrade_New_Bootloader
will remove any older kernels and create an entirely new
{grub,zipl,yaboot,elilo}.conf.

QA:Testcase_Anaconda_Upgrade_Update_Bootloader will add a new boot
target for the new kernel, then remove any older kernels along with
their boot targets.  The order matters in that the "update bootloader"
case will retain and local bootloader configuration changes (e.g.
timeout, hiddenmenu) and system-specific kernel args.

I've updated the "QA:Testcase_Anaconda_Upgrade_Update_Bootloader" test
case to add some verification of the bootloader changes.

Thanks,
James

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_11_RC_Install_Test_Results#Upgrade_system