Fedora 11 Common Bugs page

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 21 23:42:47 UTC 2009

As discussed at the meeting on Tuesday, I (with a little help from
stickster!) have revised and updated the Fedora 11 Common Bugs page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs

some notes on this: please, everyone, do add issues with reasonably high
visibility, that you regularly have to explain, to this page: it will
help others find out about these issues, and save you time in the long
run as you can simply link to the page entry instead of re-typing the
explanation over and over again.

some innovations:

I got a new keyword created in Bugzilla, CommonBugs, to track issues
that are or should be listed on these pages (note the difference from
the needsreleasenote? flag, which is for *release notes*, not common
bugs). Please make sure the bug report for any issue you add to the page
has the CommonBugs keyword added - this will make it easy to know when a
bug has an entry on the Common Bugs page, so when the bug is fixed or a
new workaround discovered or something, the Common Bugs page entry can
be updated. If the Whiteboard field for the bug is empty, add the anchor
link to the entry on the Common Bugs page into it.

after release, we should be aiming to update the entries on the page to
reflect the status of updates. So, if an update to fix an issue goes
into updates-testing, add a note on this to the Common Bugs page entry.
If the update goes official, move it to the Resolved Issues section
(which doesn't exist yet, but it will...) and note which update fixes
the issue. I'll add some boilerplate text for these cases to the page
comments once we actually have live examples for these changes.

I've added these instructions to the page source as comments, so you'll
always have a reference there live.

that's it, really - if everyone makes an effort to use this page in
future it should become a really valuable resource. thanks all!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey