Shouldn't the fact that beagle doesn't work with both firefox and thunderbird be a release blocker?

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 22 13:48:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 09:24 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> I think search is, nowadays, critical functionality, not only because
> it is widely used, but because it is built into those other two big
> operating systems Linux is competing with.
>
> I think putting out a release in which search is non-functional for
> the two most important types of data (email and Web pages), when
> search was functional for those two types of data in the previous
> release, would be extremely unwise and a big black eye for Fedora.
>
> While I understand the need to have relatively sane criteria for what
> constitutes a release blocker, it is also, as the ReleaseCriteria page
> points out, essentially a subjective judgment, and in this case I
> think that looking at the forest, rather than the trees, would lead to
> the conclusion that F11 shouldn't ship with these two bugs unfixed.

If we installed Beagle by default I would probably agree with you, but
since we don't I don't think these bugs should be considered a blocker
for release.  But hey that's just my opinion, maybe the QA leads think
differently.

Later,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E