Writing Documentation (was: Re: Shouldn't the fact that beagle doesn't work with both firefox and thunderbird be a release blocker?)

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri May 22 20:00:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, 22 May 2009 14:19:08 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> My view is that if the programmer can't write a lucid description of
> what his stuff does, it means he doesn't really understand it himself.

I wouldn't go that far. Writing (especially in that ridiculous language
known as English by Americans and American by all other English speakers)
can be a major challenge :-).

But I will say that developers who don't even make the slightest
attempt to document their work are saying (to me anyway): "We
don't want anyone to use this, that's why we keep it a secret."