Question: Differences between F11 Beta and F11 Preview

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 22 23:58:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 17:48:14 -0400,
  Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
> I have the original beta ISO, the snapshot live CD, and every rpm ever
> downloaded as an upgrade to my installs. Is there some way I can use
> pungi and what I have to create an install ISO with minimal download? I
> have a bunch of things not on the original DVD, I'm looking to build an
> 8.5GB DVD-DL image and burn that, I see no joy in pulling a single byte
> over a network which I can have locally.
>
> I want to pass out some pretty complete media for people to try, DVDs are
> relatively cheap advertising for Fedora.

A partial answer is that you can use createrepo to create a repo out of
a bunch of packages. This would then be usable by other tools. I mostly
use livecd-creator for this kind of thing. You should be able to use
revisor or pungi to build install images. I don't know enough to give
you details though.