Merging F11 FAQ into other wiki pages

Susan Lauber laubersm at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 22:07:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> The problem with release notes is it gets frozen for translations quite
>> early. (It was frozen several weeks back). However, I do believe you're
>> allowed to add issues to the Wiki version of the Notes post-release,
>> which would be good enough, since this FAQ is only on the Wiki anyway,
>> so we don't lose any breadth of coverage. We should get clarification
>> from the docs team on that, though.
>
> The wiki release notes beats aren't organized for direct consumption.

I believe Adam is referring to the version at http://docs.fedoraproject.org/

The wiki is used for composing the release notes but it was locked a
few weeks ago to get everything to the translators for the rpm that
goes in the media. Additional updated to release notes can go into the
version on docs.fedoraproject.org or be integrated into any other wiki
pages.

Many section of the release notes already point to a wiki page for
additional and updated information.  That would be the first place I
would recommend for additional content at this stage.

One of the sub categories to the Documentation Category in the wiki is
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:How_to  which might be another
place to add some short tips on specific topics.

Thanks to all that are writing this content and coordinating and sharing.

-Susan (a docs team member and wiki wrangler)