Fedora 11 RC1 installation testing

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Thu May 28 14:18:54 UTC 2009

Greetings testers,

A Fedora 11 RC1 was built by release engineering last night.  Per
discussion in the QA meeting [1], I have created a new wiki page for the
RC1 test run.  The plan is to:

     1. test the physical media tests (CD, DVD and live image) first
     2. then follow-up with verifying MODIFIED [1] bugs and previously
        failed tests [3]

If interested in validating the release candidate, I encourage you to
visit the wiki page
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_11_RC1_Install_Test_Results)
and record results from any installs you've completed using the RC1
bits.  Should any issues surface from your testing, let's run them
through the severity decoder ring
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Beland/Bugzilla_Legend#Proposal_B:)
and consult https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs.  Please
continue to raise issues/concerns to the list.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20090527#How_to_model_RC1_test_results_wiki
[2] http://tinyurl.com/pqeq6n