One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 28 22:08:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 22:20 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Anaconda definitely needs massive re-writes but I would expect that to
> land by the alpha

The rewrite landed a long time ago.

>  rather than having pretty decent fixes still coming
> in after the preview release and hence the delays that have come with
> that.

The fixes are fixes for issues that have been reported *since the
rewrite landed*. The Anaconda team has been working flat out on nothing
but fixing reports on issues reported since the landing of the rewrite,
which itself was landed as early in the cycle as possible.

> Not reporting fairly major bugs in the beta and still not having
> them closed now having read comments like "custom installs to single
> partitions aren't normal use cases".

Unfortunately, there's not enough manpower in the anaconda team to fix
all the reported issues in time for release, hence the most important
ones get the focus.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey