RCs for Everyone (was One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat May 30 04:41:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 21:28:55 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 20:32 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> > Sounds like another feature request for a QA tool. Not only do we need
> > something for better management of bodhi/updates-testing packages, but
> > for Preview/RC images. If there was a way to know a torrent for an RC
> > was available I'd provide some seeding. I don't think I would be alone.
> > Such a tool could be extended for release ISOs. Right now I only know
> > about torrents.fedoraproject.org, which may go down during release day...
>
> But how do we get the isos to you to seed in the first place?

Useful testing could be done by people by building their own images.
The may not be exactly in sync, but should be close enough to be helpful.
Paul Frields wrote up how to create install images at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Building_an_ISO_image_for_testing
Testing live images is similar, but you run livecd-creator to build the
images.
People with local rawhide mirrors should be able to do this pretty
conveniently.