every so often, screen just goes black

wildman wildman at triad.rr.com
Sun May 31 07:09:21 UTC 2009

Maybe this will help...
Has anyone considered if the video is trying to switch between DVI and
Analog.
That seems to be what mine is doing. Two machines both Intel MB one with
nvidia and one with ati
video adapters, both with dvi/al connections, both monitors are also
dvi/al .
I caught it by chance doing this when it went blank for a couple minutes
giving me time to switch it
manually using the buttons provided on the monitor. When the dvi was
off,  the al was on,
and when the al went blank the dvi was back on.
Once I do the manual switch it settles down and dosen't repeat  for a
long time..

Haven't found the cause as yet, but I'm digging...(in way over my head too)
~Mike