New BugZapper Introduction

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 23:52:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:31:18AM +0100, Tilman Eggers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Name is Tilman Eggers, I'm from Darmstadt, Germany. My Nickname is
> dundee (d.uNd.eE) although is use seelchen at irc (dundee is already in
> use, surprise surprise). I'm at the age of nineteen.
>
> My motivation to join this project is to give this great community
> something back. Too I do not want to waste my free time with things like
> gaming or sth. So I thought joining here would be a great idea...and now
> you got my mail at your inbox.
>
> I'm kinda newbie in Fedora-things (using it about 4 months). I started
> using Linux with the Xandros distro when i was about thirteen. Then i
> changed to SuSE(commercial), OpenSuSE, Ubuntu and ended at Debian that i
> used about three years.
>
> When KDE 4.3 was released, i realized that it would take a "little" time
> to get it released by the Debian-Project. So I looked out for another
> distribution, releasing faster and got to Fedora. I did not regret this
> decision.
>
> My experiences are mainly in Desktop-Based Systems, but nevertheless I
> got some experience in setting up the most common web-services (Samba,
> SMTP, Apache, MySQL, VMWare-Server, etc). I got some good Skills in
> Networking and Programming (C++ and Java).
>

> I would be glad to got someone to ask if I encounter some problems with
> the process or the tools.
> Lots of thanks to the guys from #fedora-bugzappers specifically tk009 for
> helping me singing up to this list :)
>
> Soo, there's only one thing, to wish you a nice Sunday evening (or
> Monday morning) and hope to meet you soon at the irc or sth :)
>
> dundee

Hello Tilman, and again welcome to the group! I will approve your group
membership in a second. Here is a list of components which we'd
like BugZappers to work on as a priority, so there's lots available. The list
is:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Thanks a lot for volunteering your time. Also don't forget about the meetings on Tuesdays at
15:00 UTC - if you have the time.

Edward (tk009)