nspluginwrapper help request

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Nov 4 18:06:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 10:38:51AM -0700, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> My actions:
>
> I unpacked the tarball and put libflashplayer.so into
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins.

Quite likely this will get you into future troubles when eventually
an rpm-package version will appear; unless you will remove all
traces of libflashplayer from your system before attempting an
installation of such package.  Immitating a layout of existing
packages, i.e. libflashplayer.so in /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/ and a
link in /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins is likely safer.

> Does nspluginwrapper automatically detect the addition
> of a plugin and 'wrap' it?

No.  Package scripts will do that job.  What selinux will do with
this is another question. A run of restorecon may help with
labelling.

> The nspluginwrapper documentation states that one run:
>
> nspluginwrapper -i

That script is really called mozilla-plugin-config.  See this:
$ rpm -ql nspluginwrapper.x86_64 | grep /bin
and try

    mozilla-plugin-config -h

for more information.

   Michal