nspluginwrapper help request

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:15:57 UTC 2009

Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> Indeed it does but it performs a bit of setup too.
I gathered that it does. I couldn't locate it, as it
does not begin with ns or nsplugin, etc. That's why I
started digging in /usr/lib.

> Wrapping plugins has also an effect of insulating
> these from a browser.
So I understand. This is what I was after. I was
concerned that not calling the proper program might
bypass exactly this functionality, while yet leading
me to believe it was, since the links in
mozilla/plugins-wrapped are created.

> See for yourself.
Well, I didn't look at the code yet, a script, I
presume.

When I ran mozilla-plugin-config as root, it seemed to
be working correctly and links in plugins-wrapped are
created, but it does give me a few errors:

INFO: Linking /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-
mediaplayer-rm.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-
wrapped/gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so...
WARNING: Failed.
INFO: Linking /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-
mediaplayer-wmp.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-
wrapped/gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so...
WARNING: Failed.
INFO: Linking /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-
mediaplayer-dvx.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-
wrapped/gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so...
WARNING: Failed.
INFO: Linking /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-
mediaplayer-qt.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-
wrapped/gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so...
WARNING: Failed.
INFO: Linking /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/gecko-
mediaplayer.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-
wrapped/gecko-mediaplayer.so...
WARNING: Failed.
INFO: Linking
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so to
/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/libjavaplugin.so...
WARNING: Failed.

Is this because these are excluded in
/etc/sysconfig/nspluginwrapper?

Why are they excluded?