VMware Workstation on F12B...

Joao Correia joaomiguelcorreia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:44:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Christopher A. Williams
<chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:
> For those of you following the story, there is a thread on the VMware
> Communities thread about VMware Workstation 7 and it's issues running on
> Fedora 12 Beta.
>
> You can find the entire sad story at:
>
> http://communities.vmware.com/thread/239371?tstart=15
>
> and (also referenced in the thread above)
>
> http://communities.vmware.com/thread/229891?tstart=0
>
> It's apparently an issue with glibc versions that is apparently at the
> core. Hopefully we'll see this get worked out by the respective Fedora
> and VMware teams by the time F12 releases. In the meantime, it looks
> like we will have to wait for the zealots on both sides to stop fussing
> and actually get to fixing the problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Hello

I have a different experience. In my case, im running fedora/rawhide,
updating it daily, and i am using vmware 7 (final) without problems.
But my needs and setup are a bit different than the usual. Im running
a headless server, running vmware on top of vnc sessions (which in
turn run a xfce desktop). I am running windows 7 guests without
problems - haven't tried any others, but alas, i only need windows 7
for testing, no other client OS.

So running it inside a vnc session is not triggering any errors,
crashes, or whatever.

Hope this helps some to get it to run, obviously won't help if you
want to run it on your workstation desktop, but for some uses its
perfectly acceptable.

Thank you for your time,
Joao Correia