Dammit...

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Nov 5 21:58:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 07:35:09PM +0100, Birger Wathne wrote:
> Sitat stan <gryt2 at q.com>:
>

> There were a few times I regretted running rawhide on my production
> laptop/desktop during the f11 alpha period... So I have not dared do that
> during this cycle. I agree that in hindsight it would have been safe to do
> so this time.

I fixed my cron issue, but as I was in a hurry, not sure which fix
worked. :)  There werw no auth lines in /etc/pam.d/cron, so I copied
over a file from another machine.  Then, there was no /etc/shadow file,
only an /etc/shadow~ file.  <shrug>.

That *IS* the trouble with running it when you're working, you just
don't have time to find any useful information, and try various and
sundry hoping that one of them will work.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6