R690 Some Websites causes X to close

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 05:09:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 22:37 +0100, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, James Hubbard wrote:
>
> > F12 Beta fully updated.  Laptop/Netbook has an RS690 video card.  When
> > I go to some websites, X will crash and will return to a gdmnlogin
> > screen.   Flash is not installed.  The website that will cause this
> > consistently is http://www.newegg.com.
> >
> > http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_e13b74b9-d72c-4a3e-8799-51a71354ad24
> >
> > Boot options
> > nomodeset vga=791
>
> Better to look into logs (Xorg.0.log and messages).

Yep. Also, please try without those boot options, neither should be
needed (if you need nomodeset to make things work, you should file a bug
on that if you haven't already). And try with tomorrow's Rawhide, it has
some significant graphics-related fixes.

If you're still having trouble we'll need logs to know more.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey