Fedora 12 has gone gold

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 17:24:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 09:02 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:

> My impressions from this meeting were slightly different :-)
>
> We noted that there are no known reasons that we are "not go" and that
> we will continue testing until Wednesday when QA expects to have
> completed the testing matrix.  Maybe we are separated by semantics, but
> "gone gold" or "completely done" was not an impression I left the
> meeting with.
>
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-11-10/fedora-meeting.2009-11-10-01.01.log.html

Our impressions are indeed different.  The go / no go meeting was the
point of no return.  Once we go, there is no going back.  We've made a
commitment to go with what we have, and let the various teams that need
time to prepare for the release to start their work, as much of that
work cannot be pulled back once done.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!