upgrade to f12rc3+ trouble with nautilus and tigervnc /yum

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 14 08:55:11 UTC 2009

Hi, I had a bit of trouble after doing the above with preupgrade,
because of pre-existing rpm fusion nvidia kmod driver. After moving to
nouveau, to get the GUI going, I have noticed two weird things:
=====
nautilus: just doesn't start:
0$ time nautilus --browser

(nautilus:14701): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(nautilus:14701): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Error while sending message:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

real	0m50.127s
user	0m0.026s
sys	0m0.010s

=====
investigating, I noticed packagecleanup --problems showed problems with
tigervnc:
http://fedora.pastebin.com/m4734c0fe

Seems tigervnc needs a higher nvr pushed into fedora12updates
- doesn't seem to be in update-testing either.
=====
Ideas ?

Sorry, I'm currently internet challenged, and can't even get a bugzilla
page to complete load, but mil is OK.