Does firefox upgrades need some pre/post install love to close and restart firefox during upgrades

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 16 04:16:03 UTC 2009

On 15/11/09 12:24 PM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> I also have troubles with this. The worst thing is that firefox often
> after such update dies, without saving the tabs etc. as it does when
> it is killed. And because it dies after update anyway, I would just
> suggest to put a "killall firefox" in PREIN script. Because this will
> trigger the firefox saving mechanism and would not cause a data loss.

Particularly a good idea for times when the user is working with a
session on his bank account / fulfilling payments / on his retirement
fund account, etc.
For the record, I see that you argue that Firefox will die or perhaps do
something stupid during/after update. Nevertheless, deliberate killing
may or may not be worse but puts the blame on Fedora... Neither
situation is a happy one but I'm not sure if this is better.

--
thufor