upgrade to f12rc3+ trouble with nautilus and tigervnc /yum

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Nov 16 18:43:39 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 05:05 AM, David Timms wrote:
> On 11/15/2009 11:04 PM, he who yodels into the -test abys without
> answers wrote:
>
> I wish I could get nautilus working again, sigh...
>
> Any pointers, hints much appreciated.

You said somewhere that "rpm -Va \*dbus*\" was silent.  Are you sure
all dbus things are installed.  On my nouveau-based beast:

	dbus-devel-1.2.12-2.fc11.x86_64
	dbus-1.2.12-2.fc11.x86_64
	dbus-glib-0.80-2.fc11.x86_64
	ndesk-dbus-glib-0.4.1-5.fc11.x86_64
	dbus-python-0.83.0-5.fc11.x86_64
	dbus-x11-1.2.12-2.fc11.x86_64
	python-slip-dbus-0.1.15-3.fc11.noarch
	dbus-libs-1.2.12-2.fc11.x86_64
	dbus-glib-devel-0.80-2.fc11.x86_64
	ndesk-dbus-0.6.1a-6.fc11.x86_64

are all installed, so I'd check all of them.  Also verify that
dbus-daemon is running (it's launched via /etc/rc.d/init.d/messagebus).
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -