Changing mirrors in yum

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 17 01:53:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 07:10:29AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 07:08 AM, Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> > In my case, this seems to have been done automatically.  Was it supposed
> > to be that way? (That is, automatic).  This is on two machines, both of
> > which have been getting updated fairly frequently.
>
> Yes, if you don't modify the repositories manually, Fedora, RPM Fusion
> and Livna repositories should have been automatically update when you
> keep updating on a regular basis.  The process is described in
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_from_pre-release_to_final

Thanks.  In that case, it worked for me.  I had to manually change it on
this machine (the netbook) to put it back to rawhide.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: According to Freddy's latest editorial, 'The pep
rally is a place for pseudo-prostitutes to provoke men into a sexual
frenzy, which, when thwarted, results in pointless athletic
competition.'
Xander: And the down-side being?