f11 to f12 with preugrade doesn't find root device

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:03:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:58:44 +0800 He Rui wrote:
> It seems that you preupgraded your system to f12 (constantine), whose anaconda is
> 12.46. You can see it by:
> yum info anaconda
> And your issue is different from mine. So if your problem depended on preupgrade
> package, you can try the latest version preupgrade-1.1.3-1.fc11 . Please file a bug
> if it is clarified.

[root@ ~]# yum info anaconda
Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name       : anaconda
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 11.5.0.59
Release    : 1.fc11
Size       : 5.5 M
Repo       : fedora
Summary    : Graphical system installer
URL        : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda
License    : GPLv2+
to install your
          : system.  These files are of little use on an already
installed system.

[root at virtfed ~]# rpm -q anaconda
package anaconda is not installed
[root at virtfed ~]# rpm -qa|grep anaconda
anaconda-yum-plugins-1.0-5.fc12.noarch

I think I have something yet to fix..... ;-(
I fact, due to the strange fc11 in the yum info result... now I
checked and I have this on my system:
[root@ ~]# rpm -qa|grep fedora-release
fedora-release-notes-12.0.2-1.fc12.noarch
fedora-release-12-2.noarch
fedora-release-11-1.noarch

[root@ ~]# rpm -qf /etc/fedora-release
fedora-release-11-1.noarch
fedora-release-12-2.noarch

and while going to complete upgrade with package-cleanup --orphans
info, it gives as output almost all the fc12 packages installed.....
(1255 of 1316 of output)

so it seems it actually thinks to be in f11 yet (from a yum point of view...)?

probably something to fix due to the manual steps....
What should I do? remove the fedora-release-11-1.noarch rpm?

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca