f12 rescue cd

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:56:20 UTC 2009

     Hello,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 09:46:27AM -0500, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>> >
>> > Pass the "rescue" boot option to the DVD or netinst installer.
>>
>>   How do you do that? I can write CDs, but I can't write DVDs, does
>> that still apply to me?
>
> Use the above with whatever media you used to boot from for an
> installation/upgrade.

  I see. I thought netinst was a command on a normal system.

>>   The question "Where's the rescue CD?" is asked every time a new
>> version is released. Why is it not easier to find?
>
> That should be on an installer boot menu which showed up on your
> screen.  Really not there?  Hm, I have no idea how this looks for
> LiveCD but that is a "rescue" environment on its own.

  Some years ago, I just burned a rescue CD and used it to upgrade.
Now I am using preupgrade. Yesterday, preupgrade made my computer
unusable. Now I want to try to preupgrade another computer, but I want
have a rescue CD first. Rescue CDs as I know them have options such as
a network upgrade or go into shell when you boot from them. I don't
see that on the live CD. I suppose at least you can boot from the live
CD and mount the local drive, though, right?

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Systems Biology Linker at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/sybil)