Move A Wiki Migration How To

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 24 03:44:41 UTC 2009

Does the Fedora Project have a wiki page explaining how to migrate a
mediawiki wiki on one server to another server, and perhaps from one
release of Fedora to a newer release? I just migrated my own personal
wiki from my Fedora 11 machine (mediawiki-1.15.1-50) to Fedora 12
(mediawiki-1.15.1-51), and I would like to post my experiences with this
so they can benefit some other person.

I'm familiar with the mediawiki.org pages for moving a wiki, but they
miss some essential steps. And there are some Fedora-specific steps that
could be documented as well.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA