increasing grub timeout?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 24 16:26:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:07:19AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 21:28 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > I really don't see a good reason not to have it.  I know that Windows
> > refugees like quick boots, but don't see 3 seconds making that big a
> > difference.
> >
> > (Dinosaur that I am, I've always thought that there is too much emphasis
> > on quick boots with pretty splash screens, but that's just the old vs.
> > the new and all that rot.)
>
> FWIW, I would support this. As a data point, in my experience people
> don't count the bootloader time in deciding if a system 'boots fast' or
> not. If they see a fast boot from _after_ the bootloader to desktop,
> they consider it to be a fast booting system.

Then do you think it's worth filing an RFE (a RFE? Hrrm. ok a request
for enhancement) or perhaps a bug against grub?  If so, I'll try to get
it done in the next few days, (unless someone else feels like doing it.)
:)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Drusilla: Your face is a poem. I can read it.
Xander: It doesn't say 'spare me' by any chance?