Fedora 12 QA retrospective - feedback needed

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 26 07:03:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:15:30 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> even despite that, public testing of RCs can _sometimes_ be useful, but
> the problem is that if we publicise them any more than they're already
> publicised, the single server on which they're located will bog down and
> stop people who really need them from getting them fast enough. And
> given the time constraints, it's practically impossible to mirror or
> torrent them usefully.

Would providing detailed documentation for people to build these images
using a small amount of data from releng and the rest from public (or local)
mirrors be worth the effort to set up? This is a higher bar than dealing
with a complete image and there may not be enough people who take advantage
of it to be worth the effort. I am also not sure if the process is repeatable
so as to get bit for bit accuracy from private spins. But it does seem there
should be a way to pull most of the data for the image from mirrors rather
than from releng's server.