New BugZapper Introduction

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:12:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 01:25:00PM +0530, Ratnadeep Debnath wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been using Fedora since 2008, and have been working
> as a Fedora Ambassador to spread the word of Fedora. Now,
> it's time to start contributing more to the Fedora community.
> It gives me pleasure to join the Fedora Bug Zappers Team.
>
> As a Fedora user, I like tweaking with my system. I have setup
>  offline Fedora mirrors in my college and around. I am learning
> development with c, gtk, glib.
>
> My introduction:
>
> I am Ratnadeep Debnath pursuing under graduate Computer
> Science and Engineering course in Durgapur, West Bengal.
> I was motivated and started using Fedora from early 2008.
> Then I was accepted as a Fedora Ambassador and have been
> conducting install fests and workshops in Durgapur and West
> Bengal. Apart from that, I am studying c, gtk and glib for writing
> codes.
>
> I feel, that as a Bug Zapper, I'll get more acquainted with reading
> bug reports, reading the concerned source codes to find the errors.
> This will help me improve my coding skills.
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Ratnadeep Debnath,
> IRC Nick : rtnpro at #dgplug, #fedora, #fedora-india
> Blog : http://ratnadeepdebnath.wordpress.com/

Hello Ratnadeep, welcome to the group! I have approved your group membership.
Here is a list of components which we'd like BugZappers to work on as a priority
, so there's lots available.
The list is at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel
comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be
working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special
requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but
several of them are pretty short, and they all work together). Please do
join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems,
there's usually another team member around who can help you out. Thanks
a lot for volunteering your time! Do come out to the next meeting -
they're Tuesdays at 15:00 UTC - if you have the time, and we can welcome
you there.

=)
Edward Kirk (irc tk009)