f12 beta still loses "next", "cancel" buttons off of RHS of screen during firstboot

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Nov 1 10:38:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 12:37 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > i installed f12 beta x86_64 on my gateway mx7120 with the
> > aforementioned ati radeon xpress 200m video, and while the
> > installation seemed to go just fine, upon reboot when i hop into
> > firstboot, i am still losing the right side of the screen, to the
> > point where what i assume are the "next" and/or "cancel" buttons are
> > not visible.
> >
> >   i mentioned this before and someone else from red hat (adam
> > williamson?) filed a BZ report on this.  from my perspective, this
> > behaviour is a definite blocker if someone can't reasonably run
> > firstboot right after an install.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F12_bugs#firstboot-multihead
>
> it was fixed, but just too late to make beta. The fix will be in final.

  based on a suggestion from an earlier poster, i grabbed the nightly
compose of the desktop iso and booted from it.  when the system
finally came up, "xdpyinfo" still reports a display resolution of
2080x800, even though the display is really only 1280x800 (the phantom
second display strikes again).

  should i have expected that bug to have been fixed in this nightly
build?

rday

p.s.  i grabbed the 64-bit nightly compose from:

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/

and am currently running this live, not installed to HD.