Bad sound in F12 with SB live soundcard (emu10k1)

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Nov 4 13:41:57 UTC 2009

On 11/04/2009 02:31 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> ----- "Joachim Backes"<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>  wrote:
>
>> Having a SB Live soundcard (PCI) on my box, driven by emu10k1. But
>> when
>> using F12 Beta, the sound is totally blurred and overdriven. I'm
>> running
>> pulseaudio.
>>
>> Remark: no such awful sound in F11.
>
> Long in the past I had similar problems with my SoundBlaster when
> a distribution enabled digital output by default and I was using
> analog output. Then the sound was extremely loud and noisy. A manual
> change in sound properties was required. Can it be something like
> that?

Can be, but reducing the output level has no effect: the sound remains
overdriven, even after reducing the sound volume with the Sb Live applet
in the gnome panel.

Which tool for managing the "sound properties" do you mean?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes