Dammit...

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Nov 5 18:50:08 UTC 2009

Birger Wathne wrote:
> Sitat stan <gryt2 at q.com>:
>
>> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:04:30 +0100
>> Birger Wathne <birger at birger.sh> wrote:
>>
>>> test system. So I don't want to reinstall my test system because then
>>> I have to work on my production system for a while. And I don't quite
>>> dare upgrading my production desktop just yet, as you never know when
>>> rawhide hits you.
>> I've been running F12/rawhide x86_64 as my production system since the
>> first week of September, and I only recall two significant issues, which
>> were quickly fixed.  Older hardware, basic use.  YMMV.
>
> There were a few times I regretted running rawhide on my production
> laptop/desktop during the f11 alpha period... So I have not dared do that
> during this cycle. I agree that in hindsight it would have been safe to do
> so this time.

Hindsight is 20-20, my friend.  F12 had its early teething issues, too.
You never know what's going to happen and I don't think anyone can blame
you for running a non-beta on things you depend on.

My main desktop is still F10 right now, partly because I didn't trust
F11 until about three months ago and partly because, well, I was just
too damned lazy to update it. That will change Friday.  My primary
desktop goes F11 and my labrat and hamster machines go F12Beta.
- ...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror -
-                      and you'd be on your own, pal!                -