Bad sound in F12 with SB live soundcard (emu10k1)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 19:12:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-06 at 21:34 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> On 11/05/2009 05:55 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 05:48 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> >> On 11/05/2009 03:25 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > sound issues have a very high barrier to being release blockers, because
> > they can be fixed well with an update. issues that affect the critical
> > path stuff (graphics, installer, network) have a lower barrier because
> > fixing them with updates is much less optimal.
> OK, I get that... but let's say your a reviewer... you are going to
> write exactly what the release provides, not after post release updates.
>
> Good thing that part of the problem is fixed for non SSE3 CPUs, and they
> are more likely to have a newer CPU for their testing...

Yeah, I understand and mostly agree, and in an ideal world I'd like to
take issues like this as blockers. For right now, though, it's not
practical, it was enough of a nightmare getting most of the X blockers
fixed :)

If F13 goes well we might be able to get things like this addressed as
part of the blocker process there.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey