[Test-Announce] Fedora12 RC install test Nov4-Nov11

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Sun Nov 8 21:43:03 UTC 2009

James Laska wrote:
> Oops, that might be a copy'n'paste error on my part when cleaning up
> that case a while back.
>
> I've updated the test case to use Template:QA/Test_Case. I've also
> adjusted the instructions.  Can someone help review the changes?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/InstallSourceFtpAnonymous
>
> Thanks for catching,
> James

I would like to see a few changes to the page.

1) Currently it says "you must also direct the installer to use an FTP
installation source by adding the |askmethod| boot argument. "
But askmethod doesn't direct the installer to use the FTP source.
Instead, indicate the askmethod will allow the user to choose a URL install.
2) Please indicate how the tester can verify that anaconda used the
requested install.img and package repository

As a side note, anaconda from rc1 crashed in yumRepo.py line 828 because
of nomoremirrorsrepoerror. It should probably catch the condition and
allow to try again.