VMware Player 3 DOES NOT work on Rawhide

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 9 16:48:15 UTC 2009

On 11/09/2009 10:09 PM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:

> I suppose there's little that can be done by the Fedora developers, except
> perhaps to reconsider dropping support for kqemu.  I guess I'm just going to
> have to bite the bullet and spend the time and money to set myself up with a
> new motherboard and CPU that support KVM so that Qemu will run at a
> reasonable speed. (Yes, I consider that preferable to spending money for
> VMware Workstation -- I *do* support free software, after all. :-)

We have never supported kqemu because that module is a third party
kernel module not merged upstream and it is generally a pain to keep
third party kernel modules working with frequent kernel updates we get
it in Fedora.  However kqemu and VirtualBox (which also requires a third
party kernel module) is available in RPM Fusion free repository and you
are free to check them out.

Rahul