upgrading f11 -> rawhide

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 9 21:17:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, David Timms wrote:

> What was the thinking that made you want to perform an upgrade through yum
> upgradem rather than preupgrade ?

it works a remarkably large amount of the time is what makes me do it that
way.

seriously, it is not the official way but depending on what you're
running/using a yum update to the next release will often work.

normal caveats apply:YMMV, you get to keep all the little pieces, etc.

but if you find situations where it cannot work, report them - I can
probably explain if it is likely an insurmountable situation where
preupgrade/anaconda is required or whether it is a packaging issue or just
a yum bug.

thanks
-sv