F12 RC3 Can't create modem network connection

Jim Haynes jhhaynes at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 02:43:45 UTC 2009

I installed F12 RC3 in what I think is a typical gnome desktop
configuration, and I customized the installation to select
dialup networking.  Then I tried to use System->Administration->Network
to create a new modem connection.  The program crashed with the following
error report

Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.5.99

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/NCPluginModemInterface.py", line 136, in on_Modem_prepare
     dlist = getModemList()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/plugins/NCPluginDevModem.py", line 37, in getModemList
     import kudzu
ImportError: No module named kudzu

Local variables in innermost frame:

I checked and there is no kudzu package installed, but I don't know if
that is the cause of the above error.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net