F12 RC3 Where is system->preferences->windows?

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Tue Nov 10 09:19:42 UTC 2009

Jim Haynes wrote:
>On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Andre Robatino wrote:
>> You mean System -> Preferences -> Windows?  It's been separated out into
>> the control-center-extra package.  Install that and it should be back.
>>
>Yeah, sorry I got the title wrong. Corrected above.
>
>OK, but the question is, is there a reason that package was not chosen
>to be automatically installed?  I would think everybody wants it.

Indeed.  I can only tolerate a desktop in click-to-focus mode for a
few seconds.

Rather than use the preferences dialog, though, I have a script that I
run to set sane defaults.  The bit that fixes the window focus is this:

   gconftool-2 -t string -s /apps/metacity/general/focus_mode sloppy

I haven't tried F12 yet, but I think that gconftool-2 is sufficiently
fundamental that it must be installed by default.

Ron